Friday, September 6, 2013

Here we go

Woulda, shoulda, coulda... Yes, you may have heard me say that before. I've been writing this blog in my mind for years now. But now I'm actually doing it.

If my 5-year-old son is brave enough to get on a bus and go to kindergarten where everyone speaks a different language, I should be brave enough to put it all out there.



I've done personal blogs before, mostly a record for friends and family. But this is more than that. For years I was anti-blog, twitter, Facebook, you name it. I'm just not narcissistic enough to think everyone wants or needs to know what I'm doing 24/7. Anyone can open a blogger account and call themselves a "blogger."

Some of us went to college to learn things like media law, creative writing and investigative reporting. Then we cut our teeth in low-paying or even free internships in newsrooms around the world to learn the craft of reporting and writing.

I guess you could call me old school in that respect. I've been a professional journalist for nearly 20 years for WebMD.com, ABC News, Time magazine and others. I've called Chicago, Moscow, New York and New Zealand home.





Now I'm in Minneapolis, the most surprising little midwestern city, with two boys big enough to not need diapers anymore but little enough to still need Mom. So why should all the mommy bloggers have all the fun?



What if there were a blog by a real journalist who just happens to be a mom that's obsessed with food, family, health, wine, DIY and more? Well, you're about to find out.



No comments:

Post a Comment